Promotive is a full-service Marketing Agency. Part of the Cantec Group, it is led and inspired by Paula O’Gorman who has guided its evolution over the last 20 years. From humble beginnings as a small design and print department within Cantec, Promotive has flourished into a powerful agency providing the highest quality graphic design and marketing solutions to businesses of all sizes. Promotive assists its clients in growing by identifying, developing, and implementing comprehensive design and marketing strategies that offer real results.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Promotive are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer with creative flair and a passion for good ideas to join the team in Waterford. Digital marketing experience would be an advantage.
The successful candidate must have the ability to lead work on their own initiative and manage several projects at the same time to tight deadlines. You will liaise with both clients and internal project managers to ensure the smooth execution of the design elements of a project. You will proof and sign off work for print, as well as provide creative and strategic input to campaigns from concept to creation. You must have excellent attention to detail and be committed to seeing tasks through to successful completion. You must also have the capability to develop and drive process efficiencies.
We are interested to hear from individuals with a minimum of five years solid experience in a graphic design position.
- Meet/liaise with clients to determine critical requirements and develop a design/strategy to meet those criteria.
- Estimate service and printing costs, prepare proposals, and generate Sales and Purchase Orders (Successful candidates will receive training in all software applications, but they must have strong communication and numeracy skills).
- Assist with the creation and implementation of visual design across web, digital and print.
- Create promotional and marketing material internally (for Cantec Group) and externally (for clients).
- Manage workload which will include both minor and major projects and prioritise as required on a daily basis.
- Support, mentor and provide feedback to other team members.
- Work to agreed client timescale and with colleagues to manage client relationships.
- Report to department manager on ongoing projects and client requirements.
- The ideal candidate is an all-round designer with digital and traditional skillsets together with the capability to be creative and also work to brand guidelines when required.
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in a Graphic Design position
Relevant third level qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and After Effects. Knowledge of Microsoft platforms is also desirable.
- Previous experience working in a print environment.
- Work experience in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Good time management and multitasking skills to ensure that tasks get completed on time. Think ahead. We are looking for someone to perform all jobs to the highest quality standards and in the most efficient manner.
- Experience in digital marketing and UI/UX design would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A keen interest to build a career in an established industry and learn new skills where required.
- Excellent knowledge of layout conversion, print design, typography and colour theory.
- Have the ability to conceptualize and create designs to convey our message with high visual impact, be able to take direction, refine concepts and initiate improvements.
- Ability to follow departmental procedures, including approval processes.
- Excellent knowledge of web and social media best practices.
- Ability to be a Team-player with a co-operative, good-humoured attitude.
- Ability to work proactively on own initiative.
If you excel in a fast-paced environment and are looking for your next challenge, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and PDF portfolio or link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.